[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 11:50:48 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Clarksville TN

Total:  QSOs = 57  State/Prov = 25  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,000

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

160 wire came down in a wind storm a couple weeks ago, so loaded up the 6btv
through my trusty MFJ-949E (15:1 SWR not tuned). Played 4.5 hours Friday night
and was able to get on another 1.5 hours late Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Although my Q count is very expectedly low, I did learn that I may have a decent
RX in the 6btv for 160m. I was hearing many EU DX stations about 10 to 20dbm
above my very quiet -130dbm noise floor. Also heard more west coast stations
than ever before.
Priority this summer will be to erect a decent TX antenna for 160. i think I
already have a decent RX antenna.

Big thanks to the ops who hung in there to complete our Q. Very much
appreciated!

73 Gene, N9TF
K3S MFJ-949E Tuner 6BTV ground mounted.