[3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 18:16:04 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1046  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 49  Total Score = 427,074

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

Technical issues with my radio and software (well, actually all the same as its
a SDR) caused subtle issues. Would be fine and an issue would creep in making it
sound like AU flutter when using both receivers. During the moment don't really
notice until it becomes difficult to copy even strong stations.

Very sad to miss all the PAC DX (other than the several KH6's on). Frustrating
as a nearby neighbor worked them.

So, didn't meet my goals or expectations. But, was able to fix the issues with
the radio.

I got back on at 4PM local to verify.

Was working a few folks then, 3 dupes, in a row. With another 2 shortly after.
Hmm, what the heck is going on? Exchanged some emails with another ham here. He
was running assisted and saw me posted as N4XD. Later, same frequency, spotted
as N2XD.

If indeed that was the reason for the dupes, says a lot about the state of our
hobby. I send my call EACH time at the end of a Q unless I've heard another
caller. Given this, why would anyone believe the spot vs the cw being sent?
Guess they just blindly click on the spot and, without copying anything, dump in
their call? Sure doesn't seem like good operating practice to me. And these were
mostly 1X2 or 1X3 calls....

Anyway, there were moments of fun.

Equipment
Anan 7000dle