[3830] CQ160 CW K1TZQ Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 18:35:28 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1TZQ
Operator(s): K1TZQ
Station: K1TZQ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: RI

Total:  QSOs = 743  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 44  Total Score = 258,312

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a real blast! My first 160m contest since returning from 35yrs of
inactivity in 2020. My present location has zoning limitations on tower(s)and
the area lacks trees of useful height to put up an effective 160m antenna. A
very good friend, WA1ABI(SK),once said to me any antenna is better than no
antenna, so I built a helically wound 25' vertical for this band. I had no idea
how this compromise antenna would do....I was pleasantly surprised. Condx here
the first day were very good and I was able to get in some decent runs and
worked about 150 DX stations...was smiling the whole nite!! Unfortunately condx
the second day were not so good and the whole day was a kind of "slog"
here. In the limit it was all good!!Thanks to everyone for the Q's and dealing
with my 'fat finger inefficiencies".