[3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 19:12:13 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 8:30
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 420  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 48  Total Score = 255,376

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Started real late and ended somewhat early both of necessity.  Just a few hours
on the band to show the NF flag to all those interested.  I discovered Thurs
morning that my L had taken on high SWR (meaning 4:1) and no time available
before the contes start to drive to the remote to investigate. I contemplated
driving there on Saturday but considering the price of gas I concluded it wasn't
worth it because.... Fortunately the beautiful KAT500 was able to work its
magic. It became painfully obvious however that my signal was weak in Eu.  Too
many CQing-my-face incidents and  several painful "weak" snid remarks
after the 3 or 4th NF repeat.

What to do but keep going . The KPA was working fine and not getting hot.  Sat
night the condx appeared to improve and the sting of the defective L had
subsided so I settled in for a winter evening doing my favourite activity!

Thanks for ride.

73 Frank VO1HP
K3 Line Oceanside Remote
TX: 56ft Inverted L + FCP design by K2AV
RX: 225ft BOG orientd NE-SW unterminated.