[3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 21:17:49 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 789  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 30  Total Score = 182,072

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I operated my station in Ohio remotely from Tokyo.  The station in Ohio is
nothing special - a dipole at around 50' and a single K3.  The antenna runs
directly over my pond for half of its length.  I don't know if that helps.
Previously the antenna was around 65' at one end and 20' at the other end, but
last summer I was able to lift the low end over a tree putting it at around 45'.
This year I had better success with the west coast and EU.  It's hard to tell if
this was due to the improved antenna or conditions.

I ended the first day with 550/57/17.  Those last 50 contacts were really tough.
 Day two was expectedly slower but I worked a lot more Europe and even had some
mini runs.  I ended up with 40 10-pointers (including two KH6 stations).  My QTH
is quiet so I hear a lot more than I can work.  For S/P I missed ND and DC and,
of course, what I call the "three unworkables" (NT, YT and NU).
Canadian mults were