[3830] CQ160 CW W6JBR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 02:31:53 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oceanside CA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:43

Total:  QSOs = 10  State/Prov = 5  Countries = 0  Total Score = 100

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I could hear lots of stations on 160m but my 31 foot ground mounted wire
vertical is so inefficient on 160 that only stations S7 or better can hear me
with a kilowatt. I was happy to make 10 Qs in the short time I was on. I had
trouble even tuning the antenna, so suspected an issue with the feedline or 9:1
unun.
I found that water had penetrated the weatherproof unun, rusting the nuts on the
interior grounding points, so a rebuild is in order.
Thanks for the Qs. I hope to see you with a better working antenna next time!

73,

JR

RIG:
FLEX-3000