[3830] CQ160 CW W3HKK Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 13:17:08 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: OH

Total:  QSOs = 435  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 30  Total Score = 106,505

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very low QRN levels here in central OH.  But  propagation was  below average.
Some  weak Euros (26 mults) , no mainland Africa, no S.A., no  Pacific/Asians
other than KH6AQ. No KL7 or even VE7 heard.

Missed ND, AK and DC mults.

Numerous strong AZ/CA  stations esp. Sunday morning.

Avg  qso rate = 47.6 Q's/hr.  Max hourly rate= 103.

Spend  Night 1 mostly S&P'ing for DX.  RAN most of Night 2.   OTA 10.15
hours in a  semi-casual effort.

Heard   a fair number of Euros in and out of the noise, but they struggled to
hear me.  Night 2 was better as c. 10 of them replied to my CQs, but, again,
with sigs just above the noise.  Worked 26  Euro DX entities.

The single  overriding   factor this year was how quiet the band sounded.  Gone
were the  continuous piles of stations  of years past. Plenty of elbow room.
And the very low QRN, and no power line noise issues, made it more pleasurable