[3830] CQ160 CW W9NJY Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 14:18:48 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W9NJY
Operator(s): W9NJY
Station: W9NJY

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 501  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 2  Total Score = 55,600

This entry for W9NJY in the CQ 160 CW contest was a true first effort.  I put up
an antenna specifically for this event.  I constructed a Marconi with elevated
radials in the side yard of my suburban house.   It is a visual treat for my
neighbors!  I had no receive antenna besides a tiny magnetic loop, so no DX was
realized.  But I'm satisfied that the 501 Q's with 800W represent a successful
antenna build.  When I put up the antenna for next year's contest, I hope to put
in more operating time and beat this year's numbers.  The band didn't seem hot,
but it was nevertheless a fun time!  Thanks to all for the Q's!