[3830] CQ160 CW K0XP Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 17:44:13 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): <15

Total:  QSOs = 302  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 15  Total Score = 53,533

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had forgotten how much fun the CQWW160CW contest is. I had technical issues
with both my trailer as well as the radio and computer setup, so was not able to
get on until Saturday night. Imagine my surprise when several Europeans popped
up later during their gray line at 0430, and I was even able to work them with
my make-shift, low inverted L, from the SoCal desert! Worked 48 states: never
heard ND or SD, nor DC. My battery State Of Charge dropped to less than 40% with
four hours left before Sunday's sunrise, so I stopped CQing so I would have
enough battery power left by sunrise to chase whatever DX showed up then.
Unfortunately, other than totally-deaf BI4SSB and BY4SZ, none did. But the Plan
C Orion Antler Ranch is finally on the air and contesting!