[3830] CQ160 CW WO1N Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 18:49:21 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: MASSACHUSETTS

Total:  QSOs = 615  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 33  Total Score = 148,092

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, InvL at 65', Shielded Loop, K9AY Loop, N1MM+

Soapbox :

 A fairly competitive effort screwed up a bit by an afternoon Doc appointment
that took way longer than it should have. This caused a serious impact to the
pre-contest prep. I didn't get to take a nap ;-)

 I did manange to lay out four 20' radials under the K9AY loop with 15 minutes
to spare. It rocked. So much so the shielded loop may be relegated to the
scrap heap next season.

 Fired up a pot of coffee and off to the races at the start. Really terrific
conditions the first night. 152Q in the first 2 hours. These conditions
lasted until about 0545Z and by 0630Z Eu was very difficult to hear and to
work.
Those poorer conditions persisted through the contest end for me.

450Qs the first day, 190 the 2nd. Roughly 56/10pt, 45/5pt. All but 9 DX were
worked in the first day. N1MM+ says 20 hours even.

73,

Ken - WO1N