[3830] CQ160 CW K7TD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 31 12:52:05 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K7TD
Operator(s): K7TD
Station: K7TD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 240  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 8  Total Score = 33,814

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

As usual I had some obligations that limited my time in the chair.  I did
primarily S&P as local noise levels varied.  This was the first opportunity
to use a newly installed BOG antenna.  It did help at times and it was clear
that a pre-amp is absolutely necessary along with disconnecting the TX antenna
during RX.

I thought conditions were marginal although the atmospheric noise was good on
both nights.  I never heard one EU station and working New England stations was
a challenge.  Perhaps I wasn't on the air at the right times??

It was a fun time regardless.   Thanks to all that I was able to work.

TX Antenna:  T'Loaded vertical @ 50 ft,  170Ft BOG with W7UIV preamp