[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB4KBS SOUSB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 5 06:20:07 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: SOUSB40 HP
QTH: GA

   40:  65     37
Total:  65     37  Total Score = 7,215

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Sporadic S&P effort on 40M when there was free time and 40M was open. Ran
rig power only (60W PEP) first session, use the amplifier with 500 PEP the
second session.
The amplifier and the smoke detector on my alarm system don't play well together
so had to keep things throttled back. I was able to get a 70-100W average PO
without any alarming repercussions, but I don't know that it netted me any more
stations as I couldn't work what I could not hear.

Radio: Yaesu FT-450D
Tuner: MFJ-939 Tuner
Amplifier: Dentron MLA-2500
Antennas: 40M Inverted V Dipole @ ~14M AGL (ctr)