[3830] ARRLDX SSB W7CXX(WA7LNW) SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 5 23:05:22 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W7CXX
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: W7CXX

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
Total:  647   252  Total Score = 489,132

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Excellent propagation on 15 and 10 meters on Friday and Saturday.  Sunday was
affected by a solar disruption. Bands were very noisy and signals were weak.

This was my best ever ARRL DX SSB score.  My HEX beam is fixed at 35 degrees and
only up 20 ft., but located near 1200 ft. cliff edge facing east.
Rig: K3 Twins, KPA-500, HEX beam 20-6, Cushcraft HF-2V vertical for 40.

Used W7CXX, the Collins Aerospace Radio Group call.  The phonetics
"Whiskey, Seven, Charlie, X-ray, X-ray" help me break through pileups.
 We just printed W7CXX QSL cards, so I am expecting requests soon.

73 Jack, WA7LNW