[3830] ARRLDX SSB WD6T(@N6RO) SOUSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 00:54:42 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: SOUSB15 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28:20
Remote Operation

   15: 1371   107
Total: 1371   107  Total Score = 44,091

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was one of five simultaneous single-banders graciously hosted by Ken N6RO
at his M/M station.  I was remote, while several others were in person; we kept
in touch via Slack.

Friday night had good rates to Asia with a nice variety of multipliers calling
in, including three XVs.  On Saturday morning, after picking off EU mults, I was
able to run EU with a decent rate peaking at 240.  Later, there was another
apparent propagation peak around 1900z, well after the EU sunset. (This happened
on Sunday as well.)  The pileups were well-behaved, despite weak signals and QRM
requiring multiple repeats. The band stayed open to Asia until 0500z both
nights.

The station worked flawlessly; many thanks to the N6RO team.  Only issues were
one amp crash, quickly fixed with a power cycle, and some buzzy QRN around noon
on Saturday.  Inter-station interference was minimal, and only happened when 40m
and 20m were transmitting at the same time.  The internet connection was rock
solid except for one or two short intervals of "chop" that lasted no
more than a minute each.  One minor annoyance with the logger was FT8 spots, as
they are "USB."

Congrats to W6WB and K7RL, who offered serious competition.  Wish everyone were
on the scoreboard.  (See my March 2023 editorial in the March 2023 NCCC
newsletter at https://www.nccc.cc.)

Station info and operating statistics are below.

73,
Dave
WD6T

Station info:

Flex 6600, Power Genius,  Antenna Genius, Maestro, RemoteRig
NA6O antenna switch
140ft 15m tower with 6 X 6 X 6 monoband yagis

Operating statistics:

ARRLDXSSB 3/4/2023 - Hour by Band Statistics

Day        Hr   21   Tot  Accum
2023-03-04 00   118  118  118
2023-03-04 01   100  100  218
2023-03-04 02   94   94   312
2023-03-04 03   69   69   381
2023-03-04 04   43   43   424
2023-03-04 14   19   19   443
2023-03-04 15   96   96   539
2023-03-04 16   92   92   631
2023-03-04 17   39   39   670
2023-03-04 18   65   65   735
2023-03-04 19   36   36   771
2023-03-04 20   13   13   784
2023-03-04 21   19   19   803
2023-03-04 22   43   43   846
2023-03-04 23   36   36   882
2023-03-05 00   44   44   926
2023-03-05 01   54   54   980
2023-03-05 02   56   56   1036
2023-03-05 03   37   37   1073
2023-03-05 04   52   52   1125
2023-03-05 05   17   17   1142
2023-03-05 14   24   24   1166
2023-03-05 15   33   33   1199
2023-03-05 16   15   15   1214
2023-03-05 17   30   30   1244
2023-03-05 18   53   53   1297
2023-03-05 19   31   31   1328
2023-03-05 20   6    6    1334
2023-03-05 21   11   11   1345
2023-03-05 22   10   10   1355
2023-03-05 23   16   16   1371
Total 0    1371 1371 1371

ARRLDXSSB 3/4/2023 - CountryPrefix by Band Statistics

3W            3
4X            2
5B            2
8P            1