[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3MLJ(@K3MJW) SOUSB10 Youth HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 12:18:23 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W3MLJ
Operator(s): W3MLJ
Station: K3MJW

Class: SOUSB10 HP
Class Overlay: Youth
QTH: Pennsylvania

   10:  670   103
-------------------
Total:  670   103  Total Score = 207,030

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Firstly, I would like to thank Bob, WC3O and the folks at Skyview for being
amazing hosts. It was great to catch up with some of you guys. As some prior
commitments did not allow me to operate at night, I decided to do a single band
operation. A few days before the contest, I was told the one power line pole
right outside the station had gone bad and was producing S9+ noise on all bands.
Bob, got on the phone with the power company and got some of it fixed. They must
have fixed one of the major problems, but still about S7 noise. But still able
to make contacts. So, not much running during the contest, mostly S&P. But
overall, it was an incredible contest with astounding conditions.

73,
Michael W3MLJ (17 years old)

Station:
Radio: ICOM 7610