[3830] ARRLDX SSB N8IVN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 15:19:01 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N8IVN
Operator(s): N8IVN
Station: N8IVN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 18:30

  160:    0     0
   10:  810   101
-------------------
Total: 1455   303  Total Score = 1,321,686

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First, my thanks to each of you who have guided me through the years.  My
special thanks to Jim/WX3B who has provided me my primary contesting home over
the years.  Now to Tom/K3AJ allowing me to join his RTTY team.  Who says you
can't teach an OM new tricks?  Teamwork is one thing, but this was the most fun
I have had from my own QTH ever!

Friday night began fairly quietly for me.  So, I packed it in earlier than I'd
anticipated in order to spend some time w/ my XYL (who should also be thanked
here as she is totally behind my having FUN w/ radio - thanks Linda!).  Saturday
morning I was up before sunrise and decided to see what 20m was like. I ended up
w/ a nice run.  The rest of the day, having forgotten about self-spotting, I
could not get a decent run going on any band.  But, I was able to s&p at a
very good rate.  Sunday I got on after sunrise and essentially ran 10m for
nearly 4 hours.  After that, it was a matter of knocking out mults then
returning to 10m to work So. America & Japan.

It was exciting to make a contact with countries I have year to hear on the air
(from this coast):  Mongolia, Thailand, Guam, Philippines, & New Caledonia.
The latter, long path.

Needless to say, having the 3BMOX on the AB-577 made this a very different
ballgame for me!

On to WPX!

73,
Dennis N8IVN