[3830] ARRLDX SSB GM3PPG(G4BYB) SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 15:29:43 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: GM3PPG
Operator(s): G4BYB
Station: GM3PPG

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Isle of North Uist

Total:  696    51  Total Score = 106,488

Always enjoy this contest and 2023 was no exception
despite the poor conditions especially to the more
northerly and westerly parts of USA and Canada from
this latitude (57.6 deg N.). Used same 6 el vertical
array by the Atlantic Ocean as in previous years.
Missed OK, VO2, VE4, VE5, and VE7 and the northerly Canadian provinces.
Great to get several VE6's.
Lucky to get OR and WA and MT on Sunday morning 30 mins before my sunrise as
thought band had closed for me. Never give up and keep going is the moral!
Will be interesting to compare results with an Italian station with
the alternative way of getting a gain antenna on 80m (very high 4 el horizontal
wire yagi).  Tnx for all the qsos and see you next year.
       73, Rick GM3PPG