[3830] ARRLDX SSB KA6BIM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 20:18:31 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KA6BIM
Operator(s): KA6BIM
Station: KA6BIM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

  160:    3     3
Total: 1564   352  Total Score = 1,634,688

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

It's funny, 20 meters which is usually my best band was my lowest of the HF
bands.  20 was actually better after dark, than in the mornings when it is
usually open to Europe, or afternoons when it is open to Asia.  10 and 15 were
in much better shape and so was 40.  80 and 160 were pretty noisy but made a few
contacts.  Logged 115 DXCC overall, highest was 96 on 15 mtrs.  I know bands are
crowded but please don't just park and start CQ'ing 700hz away from a station
you can easily hear!  Best DX was JW7QIA calling me on 40 while I was running
Asian stations. Thanks!  Also for running stations please at least say 73 or
"Thanks" after a station gives you his report, don't just go strait to
CQ.  We don't know if you logged us or just gave up. Thanks to KH7M, KL7RA and
4A7S for 6 band sweeps!  This was my best score since 2016.  Thanks for all the
qso's  Dave ka6bim