[3830] ARRLDX SSB E7DX(E77DX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 7 14:08:18 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: E7DX
Operator(s): E77DX
Station: E77DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Prijedor, JN84IX
Operating Time (hrs): +- 39
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   40: 1131    59
   20: 1377    59
   15: 1184    60
   10: 1726    60
-------------------
Total: 6003   304  Total Score = 5,402,016

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

First time over 6K QSOs in ARRL SSB :)
6K QSOs from south East EU is a lot...not sure but i think this
is very close to highest SOAB score ever done from EU, which was made
by CR6K, more than 2000km closer to NA than me!
it was not unexpected, but feeling is great!

condx were good, but not the best.

20m was 1st day not in best shape, on begining not really open and
was very early closed. But last few hoursof contest on 20m were really good!
Somehow i missed NV on 20m

15/10m were not good open on both days till 15/16 Z, but after that
they were rocking both days!

80/40m both days good and 2nd night 80m was a blast!
on 40m only missing state was SD
and on 80m somehow didn´t get OK,CO,OR,UT which are usually in log in such
condx
and some others more difficult and rare as well!

160m i could catch ony one opening 1st night. 2nd night was not good
and i had very strange noise there....

Many 6 banders in log!!!!

i would say operation was not perfekt and i made few mistakes including
some freq fights and they are always rate killers!
somehow i didn´t get enough sleep before contest and started a bit tired as
well.
>From +- 39h which a operated in total i used 2BISQ for approx 9h

Probably if everything went perfekt could get few more in log... hi hi hi

Used 2 x FTDX101MP with AMPs
160m 4SQ + different bevs
80m 2L yagi @52m + 4SQ + different bevs
40m 4L (310deg)+ 3L (290 deg) + 2L yagi (330 deg)
20/15/10m 2x 19 over 19 el tribanders (own design)
          1x 16 over 16 el tribanders
15m 6/6 el yagi
10m 5/5 el yagi

each antenna stack on high bands was in a bit differnt direction helping pulling
out week signals and trying to use always best option for minimum intefering
from band to band

It was a while since i did my last SOAB effort and with this one i wanted
to refresh my SO2R and 2BISQ skills a bit. It was more or less training for
big deal end of march.

thanks for QSOs and CU in WPX SSB, i will be D4Z SOABHP!

73
Braco E77DX