[3830] CWopsT WD6T(@N6RO) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 8 15:07:51 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Mar 8

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 00:57
OpMode: 2BSIQ
Remote Operation

Total:  202  Mults = 172  Total Score = 34,744

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

crazy session.`   I was on the phone with Blue Shield trying to resolve some
stupid thing until a few minutes before.  Discovering that my paddle sends only
dashes. Plugged it into my local transceiver to see if it was a bad wire, but
it's ok.  Replugged it into the RemoteRig and it still sends only dashes.  In
reaching behind the RRC, ended up unplugged the ethernet AND unplugging the
maestro.   Then discovered that Flex delay had been set to 0, which doesn't work
with a non-QSK amp. By the time I got all that sorted out (except the missing
dots), a few minutes had gone by in the contest.

Then was called by an unusually large number of Europeans, despite beaming US.
(I welcome the calls, but they were fluttery and took some time to sort out;
should have turned one antenna towards them.)

10 was the best its been (esp. if you like DX) in any recent CWT I can remember.

But when I went to 20 I couldn't get any attention CQ'ing.  Finally switched to
S&P in the last 15 minutes on 20.