[3830] ARRLDX CW K3KU SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 9 02:37:20 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5:38

   40:   44   132
   20:   11     9
Total:  331   154  Total Score = 152,922

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A few hours Saturday night, and a few more Sunday morning and afternoon.
Amazingly good condx and activity -- 100W and a dipole made runs on 80M (33
QSOs), 40M (14 QSOs) and -- everybody's favorite this time -- 10M (54 QSOs).

High winds Friday and Saturday had hooked my feedline to the house.  Before I
could operate Saturday night, I had to go out with a flashlight and my pruning
pole to get the feedline freed up.

Operating highlights:

1. The amazing condx -- I made my goal of working Europe on all six bands.
2. Getting called by the D4 ether scooper on 10M.   (Also getting called by lots
of other Big Guns.  I'm sure RBN and skimmers helped me there.)
3. QSOs on all six bands with PJ2T (well, who else would you expect?)
4. Calling some DX station, getting a "K2?" reply, and getting beaten
by W3LPL (another ether scooper).
5. Having so much fun on 10M (and 15M) Sunday that I neglected 20M.  After the
Contest I thought had blundered by failing to work a European on 20M (Goal in
#1, above).  Fortunately, I found that my Saturday night excursion to 20M had
nabbed an OH7 amongst the SA, PAC, and Asia QSOs.

I spent the last hour S&P looking for a PVRC Caribbean expedition that
appears not to have been QRV.

Whatgever, lots of fun.