[3830] ARRLDX SSB OL5Y SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 9 09:03:57 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BKO

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
Total:  634   124  Total Score = 235,848

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

I participated only less than 10 hours, because I took turns at the station with
my XYL Jana, OK3FLY. She tried CQ operation for the first time. Occasionally
there was a nice pile-up, which was completely new to her - however, she liked
it and hasn't wanted to search much since :-) I only did the race as a
"practice", apart from the above we had family activities. CONDX were
not as good as the CW part in my opinion, however that may just be my
imagination, SSB is a whole different world. On 80m I only reached to K1LZ - but
it is true that I slept at night to be usable during the day. On 15 and 20 I
managed to generate some nice pileups with rates over 300 a couple of times,
something I've rarely experienced with LP from the middle of the EU.
Unfortunately, not once was it successful on 10m, despite many attempts to find
a suitable frequency. ARRL DX contests are always pure fun for me, this one was
no exception.
Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin, OL5Y

Radio: SunSDR MB1
Accessories: microHAM ARCO, MK2R+, Station masters, Stack masters, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.)
80: Inv. V @ 19m
40: 3-el Yagi (AD-3446) @ 25m (82 ft.)