[3830] ARRLDX SSB NA8V SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Mar 11 18:44:56 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: mi

Total: 1819   367  Total Score = 2,065,476

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Lost my AL1500 on Wed before the contest.  Routine audio ck on Thursday revealed
RFI in the audio, got that fixed Friday afternoon.  Lots of heavy, wet snow the
first night caused 9+20 line noise.  Big power burp around midnight cleared that
up, followed by a few smaller ones for a couple hours.  Snow drove the SWR on
the 80/160 ants crazy.  Once the sun came up, didn't have any more problems.
Great skip on 10 Saturday.  Caught the 20m opening in the wee hours the 2nd
night, one of the highlights of the contest.  Generally took my off time when
the sun was up - probably not a score-maximizing strategy.  Lots of fun in this
one, the sunspots and the K4's made fone much more pleasant than in the recent
past.

greg/na8v