[3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 08:03:39 EDT 2023

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nc

Total:  QSOs = 305  Total Score = 1,071

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

First, thank you to Tree and the Boring ARC for sponsoring the contest.

Band was noisy all contest. Sorry to all those that called, and repeated, but I
couldn't pull you out. Unfortunately had many like that. Noise floor was
elevated 20dB above normal by storms in midwest.

With band conditions as they were (qrn, qsb) was surprised to tune across
several stations that, when cqing, gave their call only once. I had to pass on a
couple as could never get the call. Perhaps sending it 2X would be beneficial.

Spent more time than I expected given the medium band conditions. While nowhere
near a best score for me for this contest it was still fun. And, a VERY nice
surprise near the end when VK6GX called in for 38 points. Wow!

Equipment
Anan 7000dle
SPE 2k-FA
2 phased towers for xmit