[3830] TBDC KG9X Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 09:22:25 EDT 2023

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 272  Total Score = 1,122

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a terrible start!  I had N1MM all set up before I was going to start the
contest.  When I went to the shack 45 min later I saw a blue screen and N1MM had
crashed.  Upon restarting he program I saw that it had wiped out all my
settings.  It was almost like I had never installed the program before.  Only
the databases and station info was there.  I didn't know how to recover other
than start all over with the setup.  First Q was at 2345Z.  However, I never got
the N1MM Spectrum Display to work right with my RSP1a.  It was slowing down the
entry window and Fn keys way too much to be operating well.  After trying to fix
for an hour I closed the Spectrum window for good.  The waterfall on the
FtDX101MP came in handy this time.  I never did any SO2V.  Too hard without N1MM
spectrum display and no spots.
Highlight of the contest was having VK6GX call me at 1159Z.  I have only heard
Phil once before a few weeks ago but without a contact.  New Zone for me on 160.
 That made all the endless CQ's without answers worth it!
Participation seemed very light to me and conditions not that good.  Never heard
a peep from EU, AF, SA, or JA.  I heard someone working a KL7 but couldn't hear
the KL7.

73,  Fred  KG9X

FTDX101MP, AL1500, N1MM+, 160M 100FT shunt fed tower TX HIZ 4-8Pro in winter RX,
80M Sloping dipole, 40M JK 402T at 110FT and Inv V at 35FT, 20-10M JK Big Tri at
100FT and C31XR JK at 50FT, 6M HB 7EL at 105FT.