[3830] Commonwealth VO1HP SO-Open-12 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 16:10:03 EDT 2023

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2023

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO-Open-12 HP
QTH: GN37
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

   80:   54      400
   40:   73      475
   20:  179      900
   15:  144      775
   10:   54      250
-----------------------
Total:  504     2800  Total Score = 4,975

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Every BERU weekend we have a strong storm.  No exception yesterday with high
winds and heavy wet snow!  Early on, my remote fan dipole was impacted with high
SWR and the ATU was going crazy trying to keep up.  I moved to the high bands
early as a result.  Later around dusk the situation had resolved itself somehow
and I could operate on 80 and 40 but with reduced power to 200W.

The expected promise of a wide open 10M did not materialize for me but 20 and 15
were very productive.  Surprised by calls from 9J2REK 15M and 5H6PJ 20M
..thanks!

The storm dumped about 20cm and I took two breaks to clear snow during the day.
A number of reuests for QSY were gladly accommodated.  Managed to break 500 Q's
in the 12hrs which is better then last year by a nice margin.   Many thanks to
all who called and especially those who called me by name!  I was able to
reciprocate in several cases.

73 Frank VO1HP