[3830] TBDC NN4RB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 20:29:48 EDT 2023

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 3:31

Total:  QSOs = 66  Total Score = 183

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started a little late and ended a lot early.  Propagation and participation was
not good compare to the last ARRL 160 contests.  I worked hard to get my 66
QSOs.  When I started, I saw no locals on the online score board.  Finally, I
saw Ken (K4XL) come in.  I knew he would catch up soon.  I worked W4CB (Bud),
and K2KW (Kenny).  I did heard K4XL (Ken) and N4DB (Dave), but never heard them
running.  Didn't take Ken long to catch me and pass me by his score, but I was
still ahead by QSOs.  After thinking about it, I remembered that N1MM+ does not
calculate the Stew's score correctly.  N1MM+ gives the multiplier of power to
the transmitter, but the Stew point checkers give it to the received QSOs.  So,
for this contest, go only by the number of QSOs and not by the score until the
official score comes out.  My measly 66 QSOs are not a threat to anyone, but I
did have fun getting them.

BIC was 3:31 and that makes my total rate at a poor rate of about 20 per hour.

Rick
NN4RB
ICOM IC-7610
80-Meter Wide Band Dipole feed as a vertical with a Palstar HF Auto at the
base.
500' Bi-directional Beverage