[3830] WiQP KB9S SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 14 12:22:54 EDT 2023

                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2023

Call: KB9S
Operator(s): KB9S
Station: KB9S

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: WI

  160:
   80:     94
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    746       0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 160,422

Club: Driftless Zone Contesters

Comments:

Thank you to the West Allis Radio Amateur Club for sponsoring the Wisconsin Qso
Party.

The day started with snowblowing our driveway and sidewalks then watching the
Wisconsin winter road condition website.

The county roads though the first three counties were not very good so we
decided to avoid the county roads and stay only on the major highways the rest
of day so we missed a few of our planned counties. Roads were good the rest of
the route until the last hour when it started to snow. My wife Kitty K9KTT did
the driving hitting 13 counties on our original planned 16 county route.

We made a quick stop in Wisconsin Dells and I decided to make a quick QSY to 80
meters to call a few Cqs from Juneau country in the parking lot. On the first Cq
I heard a car alarm go off. It stopped as soon as the Cq ended and started up
again on the next Cq! Nothing happened when I switched to 40 or 20 meters.

One thing was missing this year, no Qsos with K3ZO and W7OM who both became
Silent Keys in the past year. Miss their big signals!

Thank you the many stations that followed us all afternoon.

Here are some of the top station Qso counts:
15 – K0TG
13 – K0TI
10 – K9PW,WA1UJU
9 - K4RUM,KE0L,LA8OM,OM2VL,W8PI