[3830] WiQP WB9TFF Multi-Op Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 14 14:04:32 EDT 2023

                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2023

Call: WB9TFF
Operator(s): WB9TFF WB9TFH
Station: WB9TFF

Class: Multi-Op Fixed LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     15
   40:     87        1
   20:     47       18
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    149       19  Mults = 61  Total Score = 28,823

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Things didn't go well preparing for this QSO party. Started 2 weeks previous to
build a ZS2BKW antenna from 100 feet of 14ga stranded wire and 450 ohm ladder
line and a 1:1 current balun. The build seemed to go OK, antenna checked out
OK.
Going to use a WIN 10 notebook for contesting, setup wave files for her and I
for N1MM in QSO party file.
Planned to leave Friday to go to my friends place outside of Redgranite,
Waushara county, WSR, to setup and test everything before the contest. The snow
stormed here delayed that and left on Saturday.
When we got there the previous rope in the tree had broke. Had problems
getting/launching antenna rope in the tree, took almost 3 hours in the snow.
Connected antenna, radio and tuner, everything checked OK, good swr.
Sunday ready to go, knowing we didn't have a CAT cable for radio, so no CAT
control, and  no cable available for FT-757 GX II (our portable radio) with
Rigblaster. Knowing that we would have to select band/mode every time we
changed. That created problems logging by not always changing mode/band in N1MM.
We were able to correct it. Then on top of it I selected the wrong contest file
and ran, noticed that the scoring was wrong, I selected QSO party file midway
through contest and started scoring, now new calls and score. Unable to
export/import file into WIQP failed because of different format. Installed  N1MM
on 2nd PC with WIQP file. Entered Q's manually from export list into WIQP file.
Exported file from 2nd PC and imported to logging PC, re-scored contest and
continue on. It took a long time to re-enter Qs on 2nd pc, Donna was doing most
of the contest and I was making corrections to what I created!!
Our notebooks has 2 USB ports, one for a mouse and the other to Rigblaster for
wave files in N1MM. Need a 3rd USB for WinKeyer. CW was too slow and not enough
phone Q's. Could of had a better score with better resources. I was not a happy
camper with my problems. But the antenna and radio equipment worked well and
propagation was very good and our noise level was very low.
Will have to make improvements for better efficiency.
Thanks for the Q's es bcnu.
73, WB9TFH  WB9TFF