[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 15 18:28:22 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Mar 15

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  177  Mults = 177  Total Score = 31,329

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Just after the 1300Z session I attended a Zoom meeting for Rotarians Against
Malaria - Global, European time. It was quite interesting to hear the different
accents from participants in Africa, Europe, and South America.  I was invited
to attend by a local member who will be speaking at the world conference in
Australia in May.  I have good memories of spending a week in Melbourne when I
worked for a company to create a data model for banks which were merging
databases. Zoom is so common now!  Back then we had to borrow a conference room
at Caterpillar for video conferences.

I attended the local Rotary lunch meeting held at the university and received a
warm welcome from members.  I won the raffle which will go to our local rural
Park District.  Great lunch brought in by a local deli.  The speaker was the
university play-by-play announcer for football and basketball so we got an
update on college-level happenings. So I had a fulfilling period between
sessions today.

14.029 43 WPM, relaxing.
1906Z 25 QSOs
1910Z 40 QSOs, nice steady stream of callers
1915Z 60 QSOs, quite better than usual
1928Z 100 QSOs, usually this milestone is at 34 - 39 minutes, and very rarely
prior to 30 minutes.
1930Z 106 QSOs  Amazing
N6MA was the only west coast guy in at 579.
1932Z slowing, CQing, yet lots on the band map
1945Z 146 QSOs.
1946Z started S&P, but rate really dropped. Not many stations left.