[3830] BARTG WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 20 01:38:37 EDT 2023

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 25:28

   80:    5       1          2
   40:   20       4         10
   20:   38       3         13
   15:   35       8         14
   10:   56      11         18
-----------------------------------
Total:  154      27         57  Continents = 5  Total Score = 64,680

This was WQ6X's FIRST BARTG RTTY GiG running only QRP power.
With the recently added MFJ-993B IntelliTuner, the Yaesu FT-2000 can
easily match the 10-m 3-el Long John yagi, the 8JK-phased Cobra dipoles
and even a CH-250 vertical.
As in recent months, 10-meters was THE band in this contest.
While running 5-watts from this QTH is indeed quite a challenge,
the RBN stats verified the far-reaching nature of the WQ6X/QRP
signal,even tho there were no manned stations in many of those areas.

My biggest frustration were the stations who would call-in OFF frequency
required me to ask for a callsign repeat in order to properly tune them in.
The problem is that by the time I finally had them tuned in, they would
give up and go somewhere else.  HuH?  Wazzat all about?

You can read about this GiG soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com