[3830] VaQP W9QL SOAB/MixedFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 20 10:47:39 EDT 2023

                    Virginia QSO Party - 2023

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed LP
QTH: Illinois

  160:
   80:   24     32
   40:   29     79
   20:   30     12
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   83    123      0  Mults = 82  Total Score = 26,892

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started out slow, 20 was pretty much non-existent here and 40 was all VAQP, i.e.
all the VA stations were working each other and I could not get through. Tried
running on 40 Saturday afternoon with little success. After 80 opened, things
got better and conditions Sunday picked up. Much better success running on 40
and many mults showed up. Great participation by the mobiles, although the
pile-ips were huge. Missed W4GO/M a couple times, I just could not get through.
Lots of familiar calls and a much better score than last year.

Dave
W9QL