[3830] VaQP N4CW/M SOAB/CWMobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 21 20:38:41 EDT 2023

                    Virginia QSO Party - 2023

Call: N4CW/M
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOAB/CWMobile LP
QTH: VA all over!
Operating Time (hrs): 23:22

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  1386    0       0  Mults = 142  Total Score = 400,824

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Scores were adjusted to reflect additional multipliers (one per
county/independent city with at least 10 qsos --51) and bonus points
(100 additional points per county/independent city from which at
one valid qso -- 72).
W4TMO is mostly responsible for the success of this operation: he plans and
executes the route and that impacts the number of mults we can activate. As for
N4CW, he's just the passenger in the back seat who whiles away his time playing
on the radio!

Speaking of "radio", the station layout in the SUV was powered by a
100Ah LiFePO4 battery (which didn't last the whole day! -- maybe the day was too
long!!!). Anyway, we used the SUV's 12-Volt tap (it's a hybrid!) into Sunday
when we hooked up our spare batteries. We had backup (old) 45Ah SLA batteries
which we used for the remainder of our adventure.

I want to congratulate and thank the many stations that worked us during the
VQP: you showed good operating skills and patience. Pileups were inevitable, but
your manners were exemplary -- rarely would somebody call out of turn! And many
waited patiently as I peeled the onion, layer by layer, to work the weakest. And
my apologies to the weakest that I just couldn't extract a complete exchange
from you and didn't log the QSO. THANK YOU ALL.

And, I'd be remiss if I didn't give a special THANKS to the cadre that followed
me around and worked me multiple times. The "TOP FIVE" and the number
of contacts is as follow in order of rank: #1 was OM2VL (119), K1GQ (92), W5TM
(79), KA6BIM (52), and #5 K3TW (47) AND HE WAS QRP!!! The next five in rank were
VE9VIC (44), WA8ZBT (43), WB9HFK (26), WA1Z (25), and N1CGP (20). I had good
propagation both North, East, and West on 15 Meters, but there were few
"takers" when I was moved there by OM2VL and later called CQ...

It was a demanding and tiring weekend, but Jim and we had a lot of fun. Jim
listens using one ear on the headset and enjoys the mayhem while driving! Thanks
for providing excitement y'all.
73, Bert