[3830] CWopsT NJ8J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 23 00:14:02 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Mar 23

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Total:  62  Mults = 62  Total Score = 3,844

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
Logger: N1MM+

I think this is at least close to a new record for me on CWT.  It wasn't easy
getting there, though.  I had decided to do all running, for practice for doing
N4L in the upcoming GQP.  It went well for about 3 minutes, when all of a sudden
I wasn't getting any responses.  I even tried going to S&P, but I wasn't
getting answers there either.  Finally, I figured out what happened.  2 things:

1.  I had evidently nudged the scroll key on my mouse, which, when N1MM+ is in
run mode, will adjust RIT.
2.  Earlier in the day, I had used RIT to do a 1KHz split, and when I was done,
I runed off RIT, but left the offset in.  This meant that when the scroll key
"adjusted" RIT (meaning turned it on), I was listening 1 KHz off from
where I thought I was.

This cost me 8 minutes.  Lessons learned:

1.  Don't leave the RIT offset at something other than 0 when you're not using
it.
2.  When running on N!MM+, use the {CLEARRIT} function in at least one of your F
keys (usually F3 for the TU key) to reset the RIT when done with a Q.