[3830] WPX SSB ZF2VE(W1VE) SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 14:17:26 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: ZF2VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Cayman Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

   10: 1787

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My original plan was to activate the a new prefix that had not been on since
1999,
from VY1 -- VF1, as VF1T.  However, with the huge flare I did want to attempt
that.
Thanks to Stan, K5GO for the use of the fantatic ZF9CW station.

My theory works: When the sun boils over, conditions are bad.  But the recovery
is amazing!  There are no meters like 10m!   Amazing conditions.  Most Eu
pinning the meter on 10.  Many Middle East stations doing the same.  Just
amazing how 100w works.

Being a CW guy, 24 hours of this is enough! :-)

Thanks for the many QSOs!

73,

Gerry W1VE/ZF2VE