[3830] WPX SSB K7HKR SOAB Unassisted Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 20:18:13 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: AZ

2el each at 30ft on 10 and 15, 33ft vertical on 40, IC-7300, 100W, from AZ

I wasn’t sure if I was going to work this contest after a stressful week at
work.  Just went with the 3 easiest bands for me to set up.  Last week I
replaced some temporary radials with my "Radial Field of Dreams" for
the vertical, 900ft of wire in 36 radials, so I wanted to give that a test.
Decided on a relaxed schedule, trying for 100,000 points, all S&P.

Conditions on 10 and 15 didn’t seem to be as good as ARRL DX, but still
excellent.  Not as many JA, but South America was good Friday evening.  Was on
during some openings to Europe both Saturday and Sunday morning with the
high-latitude paths okay after the geomagnetic storm on Friday.  Didn’t
realize that CY0S was going to be in the contest, so it was a nice surprise to
work them for a new one (working a DXpedition without using spotting, what a
concept!)  Due to the late openings on 10 and 15, I didn’t work 40 very much
but was very pleased to work ZS (I’ll take 16000 km on SSB any time!)  Thanks
to those that stuck with me when my signal was weak.