[3830] WPX SSB KM7N SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 20:29:57 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KM7N
Operator(s): KM7N
Station: KM7N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Wow....where do I start??  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of activity
despite the prop predictions.  10M was a tough slog on Friday night, but 15 was
plenty full.  Took a break on Saturday for a hamfest and going to an airshow,
but jumped back in late Saturday afternoon.  10M was much more workable on
Saturday, and I spent most of my time on 10 and 15, with a couple checks of 20
before the sun went down.  Managed a few contacts on 40M Fri and Sat nights
despite my antenna not being resonant on 40 (I need to get a 40M antenna up
ASAP!).

     Easily my best showing in a contest, despite having a "little
pistol" station, and it shows that score is directly proportional to
Butt-In-Chair time.  What I love about contesting is how the competition against
yourself can really drive you to keep pushing.  I found my goals continuing to
evolve from making 10K points, to making 100 QSOs, to making 150 Qs, to making
50K points, to making 200 Qs, and so on.  What fun!

Thanks for all the Qs...