[3830] WPX SSB K7DR SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 20:40:11 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 13:52

FTdx3000 100w
40M EFHW Inv Vee at 35 ft
N3FJP 4.9.6

I use N3FJP for my general logging but decided to try it for WPX SSB. It's Okay
for PH contests but much prefer DXLog.net for CW/RTTY.

After the Solar storm and Kp approaching 8 early Friday I wasn't going to bother
with this contest at all. I generally don't enjoy SSB contests with my 100w and
a wire. I checked the bands Saturday afternoon and 10m had survived the storm
and was opening up. Well I got hooked and made almost 300 Q's for the weekend
which is about 300 more than I planned.

73
Dave - K7DR in Michigan