[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SOAB Unassisted Classic TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 21:09:56 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic TB-Wires
QTH: Wyoming

Total: 1042  Prefixes = 410  Total Score = 585,070

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

ICOM IC-7300 running 100 watts, Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner for 15 Meters
only, Heil Pro Micro Headset on VOX, and a ZS6BKW up 50 feet, running N-S at
6,053 feet elevation in Laramie County, Wyoming. Always enjoy operating my
modest "100 watts and a Wire" Apartment QTH Station in the WPX
Contest! Had some great runs, and more than doubled my score from last years WPX
Contest effort. Lots of "the usual suspects with over driven audio, wide
signals, and failing to give their call sign after every 3 contacts. Also way
too many stations who decided to improve their rate and score by IGNORING THE
CLEARLY DEFINED CONTEST EXCHANGE RULE by not providing a signal report! Do your
kids know that Dad cheats in an effort to win? If so, then that's really
pathetic. Hoping that the adjudication folks at CQ will disqualify those who
decided that fair play does not apply to them. Thanks for the contacts.
Conditions were pretty good overall, and it was great to run across many Ops who
have found their way into my contesting logs for the last 34 years. 73, November
Seven Many Zebras Walking. Go GMCC!