[3830] WPX SSB WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 21:34:40 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ANZA, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 19:48
Remote Operation

This was TRULY a last minute WQ6X remote operation from WA6TQT's
Super Station in Anza.  An antenna rotator problem convinced everyone
scheduled to run as NX6T to bail out at the last minute, offering WQ6X
the opportunity to run the Elecraft K3 remotely as a QRP operation.
While stacked yagi's were available for 40, 20, 15 & 10, they could
not be rotated so they were all pointing N-E (more or less to EU).
Needless to say, Asia and South America were largely not possible,
altho several VK stations were worked off the back of the yagi stacks.
For 80-meters  there was a 4-Square vertical arraying stuck-pointed N-E
and 2/3's of a tri-square vertical array also stuck-pointed to N-E.

Thanks to all the stations who managed to copy my QRP signal.
I LEAST I can say that I participated in the 2023 Ssb Weird Prefix contest.
LooK for a write-up on this GiG soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com