[3830] WPX SSB VE6CSX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 22:58:02 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VE6CSX
Operator(s): VE6CSX
Station: VE6CSX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary, AB

Had a lot of fun and some frustration. Managed to beat my former personal best
by over 10,000 points. Maybe that is what having 15 and 10 Meters available with
good propagation helped do.  Managed to work at least 4 countries that were new
for me. If I can get confirmation, it should put me over the 150 countries mark.
 Yeh!

while I worked the HP class with 300 watts, for 10 M I only had 100 Watts. Still
seemed to be able to work stations that I could hear and understand on 10M -
except for heavy pileups.  Maybe I'll fix the amp so I can use it on 10M by next
year.

I noticed that the vast majority of hams were curteous to DX stations - most of
the time.  That is a happy thing!

Till next time.
Bud