[3830] WPX SSB WK7S(K6LL) SOSB10 TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 00:50:57 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WK7S
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOSB10 HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: AZ

   10: 2078

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The geomagnetic field was severely disturbed before the contest, and it
continued through Friday and Saturday.  The Sunday opening to Europe was pretty
good, but it didn't last long.  15 probably would have been a better choice for
single-band, but it's quite noisy for me there.  I am now surrounded by rooftop
solar systems, and they are selling them like crazy in this neighborhood.  On 10
Meters, at least there are some frequencies where the noise is only S4, so I can
call CQ in certain directions.

It was fun anyway, and the schedule for band openings on 10 didn't completely
beat up my body.

Operating conditions: K3, AL-1500, Tribander on a 48' tower.

.