[3830] WPX SSB YT3D SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 04:17:59 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: YT3D
Operator(s): YT3D
Station: YT3D

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Batrovci

Originally I had no intention of work ssb contest. The older I get, the less I
like the crowd on ssb and I have less and less enthusiasm to fight for the
frequency.
When you enter a competition with such an attitude, you cannot even expect a top
result.
In bad propagations, which are an additional aggravating factor, it was
impossible to find a clean frequency with a good run.
All in all, as far as I'm concerned, I will forget this contest as soon as
possible in a competitive sense, but I will remember for the rest of my life how
CY0S answering on my 40m CQ😊
After 12 hours of contesting my voice failed me...
I've tested the setup and I'm happy with how it all works in difficult
circumstances and poor propagations.
In the end I ended up with a new national record in the CLASSIC category (I beat
myself).
IC 7300 + OM Power, Heil Pro7, N1MM, 21m gp for 3.5 mhz, 3 ele full size for 7
mhz @25m high, 16 ele TB @30 m. Rotary tower, antenna genius.
All qsos uploaded on LOTW and QRZ.com loggbook.
73, de YT3D Brane