[3830] WPX SSB SO9I(SQ9ORQ) SOSB15 Youth HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 07:06:22 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: SO9I
Operator(s): SQ9ORQ
Station: SO9I

Class: SOSB15 HP
Class Overlay: Youth
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31:16
OpMode: SO2R

   15: 2487

It was a crazy and amazing contest!

Friday night: completely closed bands. On Facebook, many photos of the aurora
around us. We were closer to opening another bottle of wine than starting the
contest.

Saturday: 5:00 UTC first stations from far east, then perfect long opening on JA
and YB. Unfortunately, this opening was missing in the western direction. Any
stations from NA. In addition, around 13:00 there is a power outage.
Closing band 19:30
First day 250 JA and only 150 NA.

Sunday: Band opened at the same time as the day before, but hardly any JA
stations this time. By noon only about 200 QSOs. The first station from NA
appeared at 11:30, moments later a perfect opening in that direction and a great
rate. It's a pity that a few stations from I and DL think that if they stand
1kHz next to me, they don't bother anyone.

Finally:
JA: 282
NA: 1126
YB: 102

Maciek SP2XF - thank you for the excellent preparation of the station and
delicious meals over these few days. There was not the slightest error in this
configuration!

Setup:
2x Icom IC-775
2x BXO315 @31/17m
2x GB312 @22/13m
OB11-3 @13m

Max qso per hour: 179 qso/h (new SP record)
However, this result is probably a new SP record. :)