[3830] WPX SSB YL3JA SOAB Youth HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 12:22:10 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: YL3JA
Operator(s): YL3JA
Station: YL3JA

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Youth
QTH:

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

I had been preparing for this event for a long time, and two weeks ago, the
station was not ready for the contest effort at all. The main job was to finally
put up the 20m antenna, which we were able to do.

During the contest, the propagation was very strange. Initially, I could only
receive stations from the far east on 10 and 15 meters, with no stations from
the West. However, on the second day, I was finally able to get North and South
American stations.

I felt amazing during the contest and probably would have been able to do all 48
hours, but my over-excitement led me to spend my time too quickly.

I used an FTdx10 and an OM2500
4el on 10m
4el on 15m
4el on 20m
GP on 40m
Inv-V on 80m

I would like to give special thanks to YL2HB for all the technical help he
provided before the contest.

And the cherry on the cake was when 9G4X and CY0S both came back to my CQ.