[3830] WPX SSB LY5W SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 13:16:34 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: LY5W
Operator(s): LY5W
Station: LY5W

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: KO15TA

Club: BALTIC CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Contest: CQWPXSSB
 Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX  Pt/Q
   1,8      32      64    7   2,0
   3,5     120     249   45   2,1
     7     415    1080  257   2,6
    14     403     877  234   2,2
    21     353     929  156   2,6
    28     340     904  175   2,7
 Total    1663    4103  874   2,5
Score: 3.586.022
1 Mult = 1,9 Q's
---------------------------------------
Score without TO1Q, TO7O points
---------------------------------------
Before the contest, I thought for a long time about how to participate. The
approaching aurora made me pessimistic. I am not young anymore and every contest
is difficult for me, especially SSB. It's not enough that I can't find a place
for myself already on Friday morning, but after the contest, the next day is
very difficult for me, with disturbed sleep and general weakness. I wanted to
work on single band, but after a good calculation, I saw that nothing good would
happen, but luckily, someone suggested to try CLASSIC (24 hours). And indeed, I
had forgotten about this category, I looked at Lithuanian records and saw that
it is not a difficult mission. Only 1.5 million points in total. Set my goal -
pt/Q - 2, Prefix at least 600 (I didn't expect more) and here is the result. I
am happy with what I have achieved. I made an audio recording of the whole
contest, if you want, you can ask me to send you our QSO file. Also, I have been
practicing my presence online for many years. And unfortunately, it is very
unfortunate that there are tricksters who hide their score, put it in at the
last minute, this is not fair play. Well, thank you all for the points and help
in achieving a new Lithuanian record.
--------------------------------------
Statistics:
Best hour(00-59 min) - 137 QSO
Max rate (0610z) - 300/per hour
TOP 3 prefix:
K3 - 13
M0 - 12
HB9 - 10
N8 - 10
W1 - 10
TOP 5 Countries:
K - 370
DL - 110
JA - 110
I - 74
PY - 65

QSL via OQRS, LOTW.
Till next one - maybe EA RTTY and of course - LA, MO, MS QSO parties :)
73, Sam LY5W