[3830] WPX SSB C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 14:41:39 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4WN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nicosia
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

   15: 1084
   10: 1067

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

Started the contest a bit tired from a very long week at work which finished at
20:00GMT on the Friday. I only had 2.5 hours sleep before the start. This did
not prove much of a problem as I could take rest periods.

Propagation was mediocre to begin with but then it improved on day 2! Never
really had big pile-ups. Station worked very well remotely and with so many
mults with packet made it great fun to use. First SSB contest that I used with
the stock Flex PC software which has significantly improved latency since
January.  From my experience in the ARRL contest in Feb/March, I found
self-spotting very helpful as where I would normally be calling CQ with my
mediocre signal with no takers, suddenly a spot would just push the rate high
and keep momentum going. I hope CQ contests allow this in the future.

Not my best score, although I am happy overall given  the limitations of an
inner city station.

Thanks for the QSOs

73s
Marios