[3830] WPX SSB WO1N SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 15:10:14 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: FN42io

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000,
C3-SS at 38',40MDi at 50',80M-K2KQ,160M-InvL,K9AY-Rx,ShieldedLoop-Rx

Soapbox :

Went in thinking just a few Qs to support the event, but hey this was actually
a lot of fun. About 1/2 way in I set a 500Q goal knowing I would be gone for
most of Sunday. N1MM+ reports 15.5 hours.

A secondary goal was to make some of the final station Qs on 160 for this
season. After this write up is finished I go outside to start rolling up the
entire 160M setup. So sad. Not a lot of DX, unfortunately. The TM1K guys were
loud. Where was everyone else?

One new band country on 10M and it was fun to find, work, then spot a VU2 on
20M Sunday afternoon. I sat back and listened to all hell break lose!

Several medium length runs (~50% of the Qs) only brought about by auto-CQing
for as long as it took until someone found and spotted me. Let the fun begin.

Thanks for all the Qs over this past season.

73,

Ken - WO1N