[3830] WPX SSB AH7RF SOSB40 Unassisted QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 15:16:51 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: SOSB40 QRP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH:

Total:   2  Prefixes = 2  Total Score = 14

Hello from Honolulu, Hawaii!

First time to do SSB on my KX2, other than the occasional 40m net when I'm
portable (which, most of the time, most of the guys don't hear me...). I wasn't
planning to do this. However, I have more magnet wire, so I decided to test it
out (stealth antenna, up high, on a lanai, fishing pole, magnet wire...). I used
an old resistor for the weight at the end of the magnet wire, it seemed
appropriate for fishing for DX.

Managed 2 contacts on 40m with 2 very loud stations! Lots of repeats on
everything, I'm sorry for the difficulties.  I ended up yelling quite a lot into
my mic, to try to be loud enough. And this was around 11pm local time. So much
for stealth! Way easier to be stealthy with CW.

Anyways, after about an hour of this, I'd worked all the stations that I could,
so reeled in my antenna.  Not a bad night of DX fishing, I caught my first SSB
DX as QRP :D

Aloha and 72

Heather
AH7RF