[3830] WPX SSB VC6X(@VE6SV) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 16:53:05 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VC6X
Operator(s): VE4GV VA6AM VA6BGE VE6TL VE6RST VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Alberta

   20: 1511
   15: 1454

How about that Aurora, did you get your fair share? We sure did, Friday night
one could sit outside and fill out QSL cards with the immense light from the
Aurora.
The VC6X team did an outstanding effort to grind thru the Aurora noise and weak
watery signals.The first 24 hours shut out any decent low band propagation and
greatly muted the upper bands.

Many asked us why VC6X did not have a QRZ listing, we were real and official.

Sunday we had a path into Eu on 15M and 10M came to life to run. Over the pole
paths were interesting on 20M and the team shifted into high gear in getting Qs
into the log.

If you called and we did not hear you, our apologies. Over the decades of
contesting from this QTH a high K Index seems squelch arriving signals. We still
can not understand for the low bands we hear well but others do not.

Look for us at the end of May for the CW event and hopefully the big bad Aurora
will not show.

VC6X Team   VE4GV  VA6BGE  VA6AM  VE6TL  VE6RST